The Nutrition rEvolution: No-Stress Eating to Improve Resiliency, Performance and Health
Did you know that what and how you eat can increase your stress? And that stress can increase what and how you eat? Were you aware that many of your food choices are not made consciously? And did you know all of these things are affecting your ability to act and feel your best?
Eating is something we have to do multiple times each day, every day, and the wrong choices can take a toll on our ability to handle stress and perform well at work and home. Many of us inadvertently add more stress to our brain and body with our food decisions: Going too long without eating adds stress. Eating too much places stress on the body. Reaching for sweets, alcohol, caffeine, or nicotine in an attempt to reduce stress does the opposite. Dieting or restricting what we eat places tremendous stress on the brain and body. These feedback loops can have serious negative consequences on our energy, focus, concentration, productivity, sleep, health and weight.
This session reveals the physiological and hormonal connection between stress and our food decisions, and then provides simple, effective strategies that minimize stress on the body and brain. Though these choices and changes will be simple, their effects will be exponential. You will not only develop resiliency, but also improve energy, health and cognitive function.
Though this training session offers very specific methods of improving resiliency through nutrition, there is a tremendous amount of flexibility and freedom within the guidelines to make food choices that fit personal preferences, tastes, desires and availability. Everyone can implement these strategies immediately and successfully, and begin living a more resilient lifestyle.
Objectives: With a blend of humor and science, we will teach you:
- How to eat in a way that increases your resiliency, energy, performance and health
- The physiological relationship between stress, appetite and food choice, and how to positively influence it
- Simple choices that will not only minimize the stress placed on your body and brain, but fuel them both for optimal performance
- “No-Stress” eating and how to easily incorporate it into your daily life
- How many of your food choices are shaped by your environment and made without you knowing it, and how to use this to your advantage
- Why willpower doesn’t work, and what to use instead
- The many opportunities you have from the moment you wake up to the time you go to bed that will improve your resiliency to stress
- How to use these strategies so that no matter what food you have available, where you live, your travel schedule, or whether you cook, you can stay balanced during trying times
- That dieting is one of the most stressful things we can do, and how to successfully reduce body fat without any psychological or physiological stress
- The association between stress and body fat and how you can positively influence both your lean muscle tissue and fat mass
Duration: Keynote up to a half-day and includes up to 100 copies of The Resiliency rEvolution: Your Stress Solution for Life, 60 Seconds at a Time. Half-day session can include online Resiliency Survey, blood work, body fat, and waist to hip ratio measurements.
Why is topic important? We need to bounce back from stress as quickly and efficiently as possible, yet many of us reach for things that increase stress, not diminish it. We are also working and living in environments that make it extremely challenging to eat in ways that improve our resiliency and health. Large amounts of food can be found everywhere, with much of it processed and high in fat, sugar and salt. Our chronically high levels of stress are making us sick, tired, overweight and unhappy. It’s affecting our work and our personal lives.
Initiatives to improve stress, health and wellbeing for the last 50 years have resulted in increased levels of disease, stress, insomnia, anxiety, and depression. What we have been doing is making things worse, and it’s critical we take a new and different approach. Simply providing education and asking people to use willpower to make different choices doesn’t work. As one of our most popular sessions in addition to the success we have had helping thousands of people make long-term change, it’s clear this message is essential and effective.
How is this practical to the workplace? Employees benefit from improved wellbeing, energy and ability to deal with stress. The organization sees a return on investment in that employees are more focused and engaged, make better decisions, and can meet the demands of today’s fast-paced, ever-changing work environments. They are also happier, healthier and have fewer health related costs. In addition to less burn-out and turnover, this is an investment companies cannot afford to miss.
“Jenny was outstanding! Everyone loved her message as well as her presentation style. She was a perfect blend of being passionate, intense, funny and crystal clear with delivery. I can’t tell you how many people came up to all of us thanking us for the “gift” to them personally that Jenny’s presentation represented. People used words like “life changing”, “powerful”, “perfect timing”, “just what I needed” and “she’s a rock star”. Honestly, we all think she’s the best speaker we’ve ever had at our annual meeting!”